Can we avoid requiring FullTrust?

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 1, 2007 at 5:45 PM
I am guessing that fullTrust is required because the serializers perform reflection but is there any way to get them to work under MediumTrust in order to use the framework in a hosted web site?
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2007 at 5:03 PM
Hi Jericho,

I'll create a work item and investigate the possibility of requiring medium trust instead of the currently required full trust. If you can provide more information about the environment you plan to use the framework in then I'll set my investigation with that as a minimum, for example is it ASP.NET 2.0 upon a Windows Server 2003 server?

Thanks,

Doug

Jericho wrote:
I am guessing that fullTrust is required because the serializers perform reflection but is there any way to get them to work under MediumTrust in order to use the framework in a hosted web site?

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2007 at 5:06 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2007 at 6:11 AM
I've done some minimal testing tonight on IIS 7.0 (Windows Vista) and will do the same tomorrow on IIS 6.0, but it appears that with or without the FullTrust attribute the framework operates the same. I'll therefore remove the attribute in SP2 which I'll release some time in November along with other minor changes. If you need this sooner then please just make local changes to the build to remove the attribute. If you have specific scenarios for ASP.NET that I should test then please provide more details.

Thanks in advance,

Doug Holland, Visual C# MVP

DougHolland wrote:
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.